Curried Coconut Carrot Soup
Here's a poem for you: Most of the ingredients start with "C"
Usher in fall flavors with this unique recipe.
- 7 large carrots, chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 15-oz can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, chopped
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- In a large pot, melt the coconut oil and add onion. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add carrots, cook for 10 minutes stirring intermittently.
- Pour in vegetable stock and coconut milk. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Add ginger and red curry paste.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add salt and chili powder to taste.
- In a pan, toast the cashews until they're a golden brown, remove from heat. Use to garnish the soup.