Butternut Squash Curry
A hearty and inexpensive way to enjoy fall flavors
Makes a fair amount of food- enjoy the leftovers!
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 jalapenos
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp red curry
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- chopped cilantro
- salt to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a deep pan or pot on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cut the jalapenos length-wise and remove the seeds. Chop and add to the pan, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the squash, cook for 2 minutes. Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk, reduce to simmer and cook for 40 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Add garbanzo beans and season with curry powder, ginger, chili powder, and salt to taste. Remove from heat.
- Top with cilantro and serve with quinoa or rice.