French Green Bean Salad
One of my favorite crowd-pleasing recipes. You'll love how nutty, briny, and filling it is.
Perfect as a side dish at dinner or a filling lunch.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 pound green beans
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 lemon
- 1 jar capers
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make quinoa: bring vegetable broth to a boil. Add quinoa and reduce to simmer. Cover and let cook until all the broth is soaked up, about 30 minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Rinse and cut green beans in half. Add to pan with a splash of water and let steam for 5 minutes, or until bright green. Remove from heat and add to the quinoa.
- Toast the almonds until golden brown, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the juice of half the lemon and the entire jar of capers (including brine) to bowl. Stir to combine.
- Before serving, garnish with toasted almonds.